Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Follow up to Britney

For those of you who are keeping up with this blog, I thought I would share with you a parody of  Britney's new video.
The video was done by a former University of Texas at Austin student's roommate from California.



I think it's rather interesting how the song sits better with me now, after I viewed this video. It's way more catchier and fun to listen.
Now, when I hear it on the radio, I do not imagine a poor dance routine by Ms.Spears with awful tracks. I picture a young male dressed in drag with amazing moves.

Do parodies catch more publicity? Remember Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's political skits as Hillary Rodham Clinton and Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live? Their skits were able to help both Clinton and Palin's image in the political world. It also assisted in their political campaigns, giving a whole new twist on recieving or losing votes. Satirical pieces seem to grab a ton of media attention. This leads back to the originator in the whole joke; the person!

I am not saying the parody of Spears's video will reach the same potential like Fey and Poehler's, but it will sure change minds. It changed my mine.

Go ahead, and watch this parody and the original.
Does the song change for you?

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA the choreography is the BEST!
    parody > original
    i thought the original was kinda lame, actually. nothing but dancing...maybe i'm asking for too much?

    ReplyDelete